Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Psalms 120, 121, 140, 143, 144

Psalms 120, 121, 140, 143, 144
 
In middle school the year revolved the first week of July for me and my best friends.  There were countdowns, lists and planning of what we would pack, and non stop thoughts.  Lone Tree Bible Ranch is a place that molded me into who I am and where I learned what it meant to commit my life to Christ beyond what I prayed when I was 5 years old.  In the Sacramento Mountains of New Mexico is the small town of Capitan, home of Smokey the Bear, and Lone Tree.  Some of the best memories I have of those weeks were Friday nights where we would have a bon fire in a small outdoor amphitheater (usually the evening talks were held inside.)  Imagine cool mountain air.  So crisp that in the middle of July you need a hoodie, crackling wood,  millions of stars up above, the fullest, brightest moon you think you've ever seen, a couple guitars, and about 60 middle schoolers going through puberty, singing their hearts out.  Yup…that priceless.  
 
We would focus on God being our refuge, our strength.  Just like some of these passages we have read.  We all have troubles and we all have storms.  We have enemies (sin, external, and our self.)  We only have one salvation: our God.  I want to share a couple of the songs that have stayed with me all these years that we would sing in those mountains to our Creator. 
 
I Lift My Eyes Up  (I don't know the author)
I life my eyes, up, to the mountains, where does my help come from?
My help comes from you, maker of heaven, Creator of the Earth.
Oh how I need you Lord, You are my only hope,
You are my only prayer.
So I will wait for You.  To come and rescue me. 
To come and give me life.
Come and give me life.  Come and give me life
 
 Psalm 143 (Revive Me) By Shane Barnard
Hear my prayer, give Your ear
In Your faithfulness answer me
In Your righteousness do not judge
For no one is righteous
 
Teach me to do Your will Lord
For you are my God
Your Spirit is good good good
Lead me on level ground Lord
For You are my God
Your Spirit is good
It is good
 
Revive me, revive me
Not for me but for Your name
In Your mercy deliver me from my enemies
Revive me
 
I remember days of old
Your works I meditate oh Lord
I consider all the works of Your hands
I lift up my hands to you
My soul longs
 
Love the Psalms.  

No comments:

Post a Comment