Wednesday, April 18, 2012

I Chronicles 26 – 29

April 18, 2012
I Chronicles 26 – 29
 
Growing up my parents would always tell me and remind me how my body was a temple.  They taught me to protect it, guard it, take care of it, because God dwelled in heart.  He was in me.  (Our conversations then got a little tricky when I begged for a tattoo J) I Corinthians 6:19, "Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own."
Solomon was the next chosen king of God's people and the Temple would be built during his reign.  It was David's desire to build this dwelling place for God, and he had a great influence on it, but it would be Solomon's.  David and his kingdom came together and they gave and they gave "willingly."  The people rejoiced to see their leaders give so many of their riches. 
Knowing what I know about the temple, I know it was more than a structure.  It was beautiful, grand, a representation and symbol for an entire nation centuries ago, and today.  Reading about the riches and splendor that went into it, no wonder an eras are separated with its construction and destruction (later by the Romans in the first century.)  I was thinking today how so much went into the temple.   What are the riches, gold, gems, that make up my temple?  These are the things that I value: my family, friends, time, great food, work, adventures, discovering.  So how do I dedicate these to God?  How can I use these for His glory?  He has given me all I have and all I am.     
David knew that and he gave God the praise.  He gave the glory to God and celebrated His character. 
 
"Praise be to you, O Lord, God of our father Israel, from everlasting to everlasting.
Yours, O Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is yours.
Yours, O Lord, is the kingdom' you are exalted as head over all.  Wealth and honor come form you; you are the ruler of all things.  In your hands are strength and power to exalt and give strength to all.  Now our God, we give you thanks, and praise your glorious name, (I Chronicles 29:10 – 13)
 
God is great.  God is all-powerful.  God is glorious.  God is majestic.  Everything belongs to Him. God rules over all.  He gives all, He is provider.  He gives us strength.  His name is glorious.     
 
He has given us much and we value different things.  Give it back to Him – your time, your family, whatever it is you work for.  He has blessed us.  He has blessed me.  Like David, I may never build a great temple, but maybe my children will.  The temple I have now is a treasure.  Guard your heart, your mind, your body.  Let Him be glorified in you.    

No comments:

Post a Comment