Friday, May 28, 2021

Bible Blog Post Friday May 28th from Keisha Polak

May 28 - Keisha Polak
2 Samuel 13:1-39
John 17:1-26
Psalm 119:81-96
Proverbs 16:6-7

John 17:9-10 "My prayer is not for the world, but for those you have given me, because they belong to you. All who are mine belong to you, and you have given them to me, so they bring me glory. "

While reading this scripture in which our Lord is praying, I found myself sitting in awe of His obedience, love, and compassion. Jesus begins by praying for Himself, so that He may complete his job which was to teach us all of the only true God and to give us the precious gift of salvation. By completing His job, He brings glory to the Father and is able to be united in glory with him. While reading verse 5, I truly felt the love and unity between Son and Father as Jesus says, "Now, Father, bring me into the glory we shared before the world began." I see Jesus painting a picture of the relationship He wants us to have, through His relationship with the Father. In His words, I noticed the mirror that Jesus plays for us. As Jesus obeys the Father's commands, he brings Him glory and is united with Him. As we obey Jesus' commands, we honor and bring glory to Him, and we also will unite with Him, all, in turn, glorifying the Father. I'm in awe of the beauty of the design and plan God has set forth.

Jesus' words flow with such love and also concern for his people. He cares for us in such precious ways because we belong to Him. He knows the devil's deceitful ways and prays that we are protected from the enemy. He prays that we not be overcome by the devil and destruction, but be unified with each other and that we become sanctified by the Truth. Finding unity with each other is extremely important, unity in fellowship can be our strength when we feel weary. And for the whole Christian family to move together in unity, to me, is a clear sign of the Holy Spirit at work sanctifying us and reminding us of Jesus' words. When we stand unified in the Word and in our faith, we show the world the glory of Jesus Christ.

This scripture is such a beautiful prayer from Son to Father, but also was a moment where Jesus presented to me ways in which He obeyed his Father's commands, and how he poured out His love for His Father and for us. Obey His commands, love Him, and be filled by the love from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment