Saturday, May 22, 2021

bible blog post Keisha Polak May 21st

I am sorry for the delay in sending yesterday's blog, I sent it to the wrong email yesterday.

May 21
1 Samuel 29:1-31:13
John 11:55-12:19
Psalm 118:1-18
Proverbs 15:24-26
The Lord is my strength and my song;he has become my salvation. -- Psalms 118:14

The Book of Psalms contains such powerful scripture, and Psalms 118 is such a wonderful example of that power within God's word. While reading I was overtaken by the gratitude I have for our Lord's grace. We can all relate in saying we've been through trying times recently, but even so, what rings true is that the Lord's faithful love endures forever. Through all of the chaos, He was still working.

There is so much strength and comfort that I have found within these words. I pray that if there are any who are weary that they find this passage, and that everyone who reads Psalms 118 feels that same strength and comfort that I have felt.

Verse 6 asks us what can a mere mortal do if the Lord is for you? This is something that I took a lot of time thinking about because I feel it is very prevalent in the times we are living through. The world has grown very fearful in a way I haven't ever experienced before, and to me, it has been painful and overwhelming to have so much fear pushed on us all. But, through all of that fear the Lord has given me strength in His word. The more that I keep myself in God's word the more fear I overcome, knowing that I trust Him, what can any person do to me that He hasn't already deemed.

No matter what worldly things I do, our Father is the only one who truly holds the power. God is always in control, and that is where I find all of my peace, that is my salvation. This is exactly why we must take refuge in Him, not relying on what the world offers. Psalms 118:9 - It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in nobles.

This world is pushing us all hard, attempting to make us fall. The world wants us to doubt our faith and be filled with fear, but we must remember where to turn. If you believe in God, seek refuge in Him and he will help you. He will give you strength, peace, joy, and salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment