Saturday, May 22, 2021

bible blog post Mike Polak May 22nd


May 22
2 Samuel 1:1-2:11
John 12:20-50
Psalm 118:19-29
Proverbs 15:27-28
It's either God or the world can't have it both ways!
When Jesus speaks to the people gathered at the festival, Jesus tells the people the prophecy about his crucifixion. But also, He explains to the people how he knows there are people in the crowd that believe in him and will not follow. Jesus says in John 12:25-26, "The one who loves his life will lose it, and the one who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. If anyone serves me, he must follow me. Where I am, there My servant also will be. If anyone serves me, the Father will honor him."
Have you ever had a moment in your life as a believer in Christ where maybe you decided to go with the societal norm of the word instead of just having full belief in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior? I sometimes find myself in a situation where I have to decide whether it's going to be God or whatever makes the people of the world happy and not uncomfortable. I usually try to choose God, even though there are times in my life where I don't and I am guilty of that, but for the most part, I do try to make an effort to put God before myself and others. Sometimes it may rock the boat, but God tells us we were never promised happiness in this world, we could never be treated better than He was, and we must make a choice. It's either God or the world, but we cannot have it both ways.
May God bless you. Remember to trust God because when He is with you, who can be against you?

No comments:

Post a Comment