Sunday, October 25, 2020

Bible Blog Post - Sunday, October 25, 2020

Jeremiah 48:1-49:22

2 Timothy 4:1-22

Psalm 95:1-96:13

Proverbs 26:9-12


2 Timothy 4:1-2  In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I give you this charge:  Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage--with great patience and careful instruction. 2 Timothy 4:5 But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry.


Grace church family, this scripture relates to a realization that I had during quiet time last week.  We must constantly lean into God's word, His will, His power, His unending love, for all of the days of our lives.  It is by no merit of our own that we are saved; it is by the grace of God and the sacrifice of His one and only son that we are able to have a relationship with Our Father.  Being a Christian is tough work.  It takes continuous effort, dedication, devotion, love, patience, perseverance, and many qualities that can be hard to live out at times.  However, it is our duty as children of God to love and obey Him. 


Proverb 26:9 Like a thornbush in a drunkard's hand 

is a proverb in the mouth of a fool.


This proverb really packs a punch.  The bible is full of profound teachings that we must absorb and apply into our daily living, and this proverb reminds us that we must be careful when applying these teachings.  If we apply them incorrectly, it can actually cause injustice or harm.  We must pray for God's wisdom and guidance as we navigate through His word.  


I actually had a recent experience with this where someone referenced who we are as Christians in an attempt to sway my thinking and decision making.  However, I recognized it for what it was, and I stood my ground.  We must heed the warning in this proverb - when things are pulled out of context to serve a selfish purpose instead of serving God, we must stop in our tracks and realign our thinking.


God continues to amaze me with His lessons and teachings.  I am noticing a shift in myself, my way of thinking, the way I react and respond to situations, and my overall view of different scenarios.  It is incredible.  When I entered Grace Church last year with Anthony, I had no idea what I was in store for.  While the seasons of growth can be uncomfortable, seeing the joy and everlasting love that God provides us with is beautiful beyond words.


My brothers and sisters, I pray that all of us can lean into God's word this week, absorb His wisdom, and use that as our guiding light as we press on and traverse our current times.  In Jesus' name I pray, Amen!


Amanda


No comments:

Post a Comment