Wednesday, February 5, 2020

February 5

Proverbs 7

This proverb speaks of a person who witnessed a woman approaching a young man in the dark street and lured him to her home. Her silky brazen and lewd words enticed the young man, almost like putting him in a trance and he followed her almost like an animal going to be slaughtered. The Psalm is a warning to avoid the path of seduction as it surely does not lead to a happy ending. As I read it, I was reminded of the world around us. It is so easy to slip into luring temptations and for lack of a better comparison, "drink the Kool Aid".  Thankfully, we have a weapon to fight the battle. "Store up my commandments with you, keep my commandments and live" (v.1-2).  When I was in prayer this morning, the Lord impressed upon me the need for husbands to pray protection over their wives and wives, continue to pray for our husbands, no matter where they are in their walk of faith. Continue to pray protection over our children and grandchildren.The enemy disguises himself and can lure us with eloquence and smooth talk (v.21). Write God's word on the tablet of your mind and continue to pray.

Randi

No comments:

Post a Comment