Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Blog post

Bible blog February 11,2020

 

Exodus 32:1-33:23

Matthew 26:69-27:14

Psalm 33:1-11

Proverbs 8:33-36

 

In  todays reading I see how corrupt the people were in Egypt and how today people are still corrupt. As I look around and see just in the short time that I have been back in South Africa, how corrupt our own government is and how the people are suffering. Just yesterday I was involved in an attempted highjacking (we ok now) but I saw how lawless our country is and how no one did anything to help. At first I had so much anger but I didn't not want to let the anger turn into hatred. Instead I turned to Jesus and looked at the deeper picture of how people around us are out for their own personal gain; Money? Career? Popularity? Addictions ? Technology? Do all these Idols stand in the way of our relationship with God? Do we sometimes think that these idols  have "brought us out of Egypt"- instead of God?

 

Even if we do not make Idols, we are often guilty of trying to make God  in our image, shaping him to fit our expectations, desires and circumstances. When we did this we end up elevating ourselves rather that the God who created us, and self worshiping, just as the Israelites did.

What is your concept of God? Do you need to destroy that image in order to worship our Heavenly Father who delivered you from bondage to sin?

 

I pray that during the dark days let us see the darkness as opportunities for light to shine in. LORD, I pray that we consider you in all our circumstances, that we worship you LORD and not self-worship. I pray we walk in your peace and trust that you are in control of all our people and circumstances. That we turn to you and not indulge in dangerous sins. I pray that we do not have spiritual boredom and not get distracted by worldly things and that we keep our faith fresh. May we above all worship you Lord in Jesus name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment