Friday, September 27, 2019

Sept 27

Isaiah 53 

The story is told of a family who had developed a hobby of looking for semi-precious stone. On one trip they had gone to Maine to look for tourmaline crystals. Tourmaline is a transparent aluminum stone. As they were carefully examining the rocks, they noticed a glitter in a rock they were standing on. As they chipped away, they discovered a very long piece of tourmaline. It was several inches long and they estimated its worth at several hundred dollars. The mother then did something that wasn't wise. She gave the stone to the youngest son to take back to car. Well, on the way back the son saw a frog and decided to see if he could scare it. So, he threw the stone at the frog and the frog quickly disappeared along with the stone. It sank into the mud, forever lost.

When I first heard that story, I thought, how foolish of that young people to throw something so valuable at something so worthless. The problem the boy had was he didn't appreciate the value of the stone.

I think I do that that frequently in life. I have the opportunity every day to worship Jesus and be in a relationship with Him, but I throw away that opportunity to pursue the insignificant "frogs" of life.

I consider Isaiah 53 to be the highest mountain peak in the Old Testament. The value of Jesus is given to us in amazing detail. Did you see His value today?

Jesus was completely successful in his work. 

Jesus was brutality beaten so that I would not have to be.

Jesus paid the price for my sin. He bore my penalty. I am set free.

Jesus identified with common people just like me. He didn't ask me to reach up to Him. He reached down to me. He now changes my identity.

Jesus provides healing for all my brokenness.

Jesus died. God died for me. Pause and think about that one for a minute.

Jesus rose from the dead. There is a resurrection in this passage. Did you see it?

For all of these reasons, make Jesus your most valuable possession. Hold onto him tightly. 


--
"Multiplying leaders to change the world"

No comments:

Post a Comment