Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Sept. 11

Psalm 55

The psalm describes a time of some kind of rebellion or power struggle against David.  The city is dangerous because of the rebellion, and David cries out to God. As I read this I could identify with David and with his cry for help as I'm sure many of us can. We all want God to take care of the bad guy and come to our rescue. What stood out to me the most though was the last few verses. God assures us that He will answer our prayer. He says: "Cast your burden on Adonai, and He will sustain you. He will never let the righteous be shaken. .....But I - I will trust in You". Even as we read Isaiah this morning, we are assured of the Child that will be born, the Son that has been given to us, the One who rules over all, the Prince of Peace. The promises all rest in a Person. As we reflect on history and the tragic events which marked today, let's not forget HIS-STORY. In the midst of confusion, we have the answer. Trusting in the living God sustains us through tragedy and gives us hope beyond what we see. I pray today we bring this message of hope with us as we leave the comfort of our homes and go into the world today. Jesus, we will trust in You.

Randi







No comments:

Post a Comment