Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Tuesday 11th

Psalm 54:4 "Surely God is my help. The Lord is the one who sustains me".

I admire David's outlook in this Psalm. It prompts me to question, how does God sustain? And how do I get my sustenance?

It is sometimes difficult to go to God as our primary helper and to look to him to sustain us. However, in order to gain true help and lasting sustenance, we must go to Him. As Dave recently shared in church, we went through a challenging few months this year and personally, I was able to look to God to sustain me throughout physical, mental, and emotional challenges. I believe God gave me strength. I was able to turn to his Word, to his children (fellow believers), to music, and to prayer. Altogether I came out with a sense of hope amidst a sad situation. God provides us with sources to help keep us going and works in multiple different way.

Lord, help us to get to a place where we understand that you are the only true source that can sustain us. Forgive us for looking elsewhere for sustenance. Give us eyes to see where we are looking in wrong places. Thank you for keeping us going. Thank you for strengthening us when we are weak. Thank you for supporting us physically, mentally, emotionally. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment