Monday, September 10, 2018

Bible Blog Post Monday September 10th

A Prayer To Be A Willing and Ready Vessel For The Lord (Isaiah 6:8)

"Whom shall I send?  And who will go for us?"

There are so many, Lord, who live without hope.  So many who live in fear and anxiety.  So many who live lost in depression and loneliness.  So many who live in pride and self sufficiency.  So many who live in opposition to your truth without understanding.  So many who live in worldly plenty but spiritual poverty.  So many who live in busyness yet never seem to make headway.  So many who live searching in vain to fill a longing that only you can fill.  Lord, we are surrounded by people who need to know you, to know your truth, your grace, your mercy, your forgiveness, your gentleness, your comfort, your salvation, your love.  You have placed each of us where we are, surrounded by people in need, so that we can be your hands of mercy, your feet of support, your ear of understanding, your arms of love, your heart of compassion, your voice of truth and hope. 

Lord, I believe that every day you are asking each one of us who know you and call your father "Whom shall I send and who will go for us?"  You are saying, "There is opportunity today.  There are lives in need and I have given you my hope to proclaim.  Will you go to those with whom I want to send you?  Will you speak, serve, love and support those I place into your lives?  Are you willing to put aside yourself and share my love with others, even those whom you may find difficult to share my love with?"

I want to respond as Isaiah did, Lord.... "Here am I.  Send me!"  Here I am Lord a willing vessel to be used by you today.  Ready me, equip me, prepare me and place me where you know I can best be used to speak truth and hope and love into the lives that you are preparing to hear and experience it.  Help me, Lord, to not allow myself to get caught up in my own day and my own busyness but to trust you and to let your spirit lead me wherever and whenever you are ready to have me be a vessel for you.

Thank you, Lord, for giving us the opportunity to be a part of the work you are doing in the lives of others and may we find joy and peace in serving you by serving others. 

I am ready Lord.  Send me.....

AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment