Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Sept. 5

Psalm 49

A few weeks ago one of my Mom's best friends passed away.  My Mom saw her as very wealthy, as she led a comfortable life and left her children a large inheritance.  As my Mom was explaining her world view of life to me, I couldn't help but remind her that within the past few years the woman's daughter has joined in a same sex marriage and her grandson was having difficulty not only coming to terms with that, but also wrestled with addictions.  The inheritance left to them cannot fix those problems.  Only Jesus can.  As we read today's Psalm, we learn that only God redeems our souls, and that although we see people with worldly wealth, we are to remember that they might be congratulating themselves now, but they will never see the true light. (v.17-20)  Our responsibility is to shine The Light into dark places. We all face some battle, and it is not easy. Struggling financially isn't fun, I can write a book about it.  But at the end of the day, I've learned that like most things,  it is something that can be managed with discipline, it's only not fun cause I take my eyes off of Jesus, my portion, and start comparing myself to a different standard.  I'm starting to really understand that this life is all about the next one coming, my eternity.  As we prepare to go into 40 days of prayer, my hearts desire is that we all come through with a different perspective and we see this life and our mission through Gods eyes.  Jesus has saved us, living out eternity with Him is our inheritance, and it is well with my soul.


Randi

No comments:

Post a Comment