Monday, January 1, 2018

Monday January 1st bible blog post

Happy New Year!!!  I am excited to continue on this one-year bible blogging journey with you throughout 2018.  In the final days of 2017, as I read our daily readings, I found the Lord directing my focus on a path it hadn't been on.  I found myself underlining verses that I longed to pray back to the Lord.  I felt that the Lord was leading me to continue my bible blogging journey with you by spending this next year writing prayers based on the truths found in his word.  I have been and I still am a huge proponent of praying God's word back to him.  I don't do this because I think he needs to be reminded of the promises and truths found in his word but because I do and I need to learn to trust in them more.  I trust in them most when I speak them back to the Lord.  So my attempt this year is write a prayer every Monday based on the scripture reading.  This is a stretch for me and something I have not done to this degree, but I am excited to see how the Lord will use it in my life and I pray it will also be a blessing to you life as well.  So let's not delay any further.  Here is my first scripture based prayer to start our year off together…
 
 
A Prayer For Wisdom
 
Lord, I thank you for your word and the power it holds for our lives.  Your word offers guidance, instruction, healing, forgiveness, wisdom, understanding, discernment, and help in our time of need.  As we enter this new year and seek to spend daily time with you, I ask that you would grow us and open up our hearts and minds to see you more clearly, to know you in ways we never have and to be used by you in the lives of others however you see fit.
 
Lord, I ask for you to grant us your wisdom today as we set out on this one-year bible reading journey.  When you invited King Solomon to "ask for whatever you want me to give you" (1Kings 3:5), he did not seek riches, power or personal glory.  Instead, Solomon realized his limitations and biggest need, wisdom to live the life you called him to and to be able to serve affectively.  We too need wisdom Lord.  We need your spirit to fill our hearts and minds so we can live our lives worthy to the calling you have given us. 
 
According to James 1:5 We ask you to please generously pour out your wisdom upon us so that we might:
 
            Attain wisdom and discipline;
for understanding words
            of insight
for acquiring a disciplined and
            prudent life,
so that we might do what is right and just
and fair;
may your wisdom give prudence to the simple
            knowledge and discretion to
                        the young –
let us be wise and listen and add to
our learning
            may we be discerning and get
                        guidance –
            for understand proverbs,
                        and parables,
                        the sayings and riddles of
                        the wise,
                        …and understanding into all the mysteries written in our Word.
                                                                                                (Proverbs 1:2-6)
 
Thank you Lord for the generosity of your Spirit and the willingness you have to open up our hearts and minds to know you more, to experience you more, and to love you more. 
 
Bless this year as we draw near to you and may it be a year filled with abundant wisdom to guide our lives in ways we have yet to experience.
 
                                                                                                - Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment