Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Feb. 31

Matthew 20:32

Jesus stopped and called them.  "what do you want me to do for you?"  he asked.

As a teacher I often have kindergartners come up to me with a blank gaze expecting me to read their minds.  I know what they need, whether it be a jacket zipped, help with tying shoes, or opening the snack that was sent from home, but I want them to be able to identify, say, and express what they want me to do.  Sometimes they ask me to do things that they can actually do themselves, other times, they do really need help.  When I read this, I couldn't help but think that Jesus knew the men were blind, the passage identified them as "two blind men".  They cried out for mercy, but Jesus asked "what do you want me to do".  Their request went beyond just asking for mercy, they really were asking for healing. I wonder sometimes when I pray if I am asking Him as Lord to do something that with a little discipline I can do myself, or am I truly asking for the impossible miracle that brings Him glory and shows His sovereignty over everything, including my life. Like would he change those places in my heart that I selfishly hold on to and make me look more like someone who walks with Jesus like a disciple. Would He reveal to me where I haven't fully trusted Him. That's what I would want Him to do for me.   I've been listening to this song by Micah Tyler " Different".  The more I listen to it, the more different I long to be. Lord, "I want to be different, I want to be changed till all of me's gone, and all that remains, is a fire so bright, the whole world can see, that there's something different, so come and be different in me"  So if Jesus were to ask you, "what do you want me to do", how would you answer?

Randi


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q398zYE0kzU

No comments:

Post a Comment