Monday, January 29, 2018

bible blog Monday January 29th

A Prayer For Where I Lack  (Ps. 24:1-2,5-6,8-10  Matthew 19:17,20,26)
 
Lord you are the King of Glory.  You are the creator and master of all that is in and of the Earth.  From you we receive all things; we receive blessings, strength, grace and forgiveness.  Our salvation comes from you the one and only true good God.
 
Lord I seek to live a life that is a blessing to you and to others.  I desire to live in the joy of the Lord through obedience to you.  Every day I seek to know you more and to live a faithful life worthy of being called your child. 
 
Lord "What do I still lack"?  As the rich man asked you in Matthew 19, I too need to ask this of myself.  Reveal to me what is lacking in my faith.  Bring to light the stumbling blocks to my trust in you.  Make me aware of anything that I have put before you in any and all areas of my life.  Help me to know what I still lack in my walk and relationship with you.  I do not want to be hindered but to live a life that is free and full and joy-filled and that brings the glory due to the King of Glory.
 
Being aware is only the beginning of what I need to grow in my faith.  Lord, once you make me aware I need you to be the strength I know I often lack.  You are the Lord strong and mighty and with you all things are possible.  With you I will be able to not just be made aware of what I lack but I will be given all that I need to persevere, overcome, and be made stronger.  I will be a light that shines brighter for you.
 
So I take time now Lord to seek you, to ask you to reveal to me what I have been lacking in my faith, my walk, my obedience.  Bring it into the light so I may see, and give me the wisdom and strength I need to move forward in obedience. 
 
Thank you lord for being a God who loves me, who never leaves me, and who is there to provide where I lack.
 
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment