Monday, January 15, 2018

Blog post Monday January 15th

A Prayer of Proclaiming the Whispers of God (Matthew 10:27)
 
 
Lord you are always speaking.  You speak to us in the dark, the stillness, and through whispers in our ears.  Give us ears to hear you lord.  Give us hearts that want to hear you.  Give us determination to make time to sit in the quiet shadow of your presence and to wait upon your whispers lord. 
 
We need to hear from you for guidance in our lives.  We need wisdom and understanding to mark the straight paths in the midst of the challenges that enter our day.  We need your small still voice to break through the noise of today.
 
But Lord your word helps me realize that I can often times seek to hear your voice for MY own personal benefit and gain.  I often pause to listen and hear you speak so that MY understanding grows, so that MY paths are made straight, so that MY heart is at peace.  I forget Lord that often times what you speak is not just for MY benefit but is meant for me to proclaim to OTHERS so that they too may hear, be blessed and perhaps believe.
 
You tell me to listen to your whisper in my ear and to then proclaim it.  I recognize this is a command from you lord not a suggestion.  I am not meant to horde your wisdom or guidance for myself but to proclaim it, to share it with those whom you will put into my day or perhaps with those who's day you want me to enter.
 
What an awesome opportunity we have been given by you to sit back and listen to you whisper truth and wisdom and then to be able to go and be your voice and share it with any and all who will listen.  Thank you lord.  Thank you for speaking.  Thank you for the privilege of having ears to hear your voice.  Thank you for the opportunity to proclaim your truths with the world we live in.  May we be faithful and obedient to this command today and each day that follows. 
 
Lord here I am, expectant and eager and ready to hear you speak.  Give me words of wisdom, guidance, correction, encouragement, or what have you so that I may proclaim truth to the person or people I encounter or that you lead me to today.  Speak to me and use me lord…I am listen…

No comments:

Post a Comment