Wednesday, November 15, 2017

November 15

Proverbs 27:19 - As water reflects the face, so one's life reflects the heart

The other day when I was in school I passed the principal in the office and asked him if he was having a better day than he had the day before. Since I rarely say more than "good morning" to him,  he looked at me puzzled and asked me how I knew he had a rough day.  I told him he was wearing his stress like an additional piece of clothing and it showed not only all over his face but in the way he was carrying himself around the school.  The funny part was, he actually thought he was doing a good job at hiding it.  The Proverb today tells us that whatever is going on inside of us reflects on the outside.  I think that's why quiet time with God and prayer is so important. By renewing our minds with God's word, we have faith in what we do not see.  Our circumstances might not change as fast as we would like but we can carry His peace instead of wearing our stress while we wait. I pray today our faces reflect God's glory because as His children our hearts are filled with His love.



Randi

No comments:

Post a Comment