Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Nov. 1

Psalm 104

Sometimes before I leave for work in the morning I will get a few loads of laundry done, make sure there is a dinner plan, and take care of other odds and ends that fall under that umbrella of being a wife and a mom. At the end of what seems to me like a busy day, I get home, have dinner with my family, and fall into bed with a good book ready to sleep. Then we read Psalm 104.  As I'm reading this Psalm I realized that what I do is nothing when we take into consideration what God takes care of before we even wake up!  He set the earth on it's foundation and He keeps it there. He controls the waters and makes boundaries, rides on the wings of the wind, makes the grass grow and sees to all of our needs. The very last line of the Psalm says "Then man goes out to his work, to his labor until evening".   I have found that it is so easy to get busy with this thing called life and that I must be intentional about my time to worship the One who holds my life together.  Nothing I do during the course of my day can compare to what God has already done.  There is a song Steven shared with me --  the chorus went "Don't get it twisted, God did it, done it.... Got it?  Good!!"  So when I started my day early this morning and I saw the blue/green outline in the sky, the twinkling of a remaining star, and a hint of the the moon still in the sky, it was my reminder that God was still on His throne long before I even awoke.  It was my reminder to stay focused on the One Who gave it all, because it's not about me or how much I get done in a day.  It's all about Jesus, the One Who is before all things and in Him all things are held together. We Praise You Lord.

Randi

No comments:

Post a Comment