Wednesday, January 20, 2016

January 19, 2016

Tuesday, January 19, 2016
Genesis 39:1-41:16

I am happy to say that I am right on target with reading the Bible this year. I don't have to come from behind and I am learning more, hearing more, and enjoying it more than I could have imagined. Of course, now it becomes difficult to pinpoint the specific thoughts that I want to share with everyone because all of the verses are more meaningful. After reading the entries for January 19th however, my mind began to focus on Joseph in Genesis. Here was a young man totally blessed by God. He was handsome, well built and had the capacity to interpret dreams. We all know that his life was not 100% perfect. He was sold as a slave and
imprisoned unjustly. However, the Lord was with him ALL THE WAY!! He prospered even when he was imprisoned. I chose this particular excerpt because I admire Joseph and his devotion to the Lord. Through the good times and the bad, Joseph leaned on the Lord and the Lord was with him. It became obvious as well to those surrounding Joseph that the Lord was him. No matter where Joseph was, households prospered. Even while imprisoned, he gained respect and authority from the warden. I mention these things because during all of the ups and downs, Joseph exhibited complete humility. He did not say that I am great and I can do all these things of my own accord. NO....his thanks and praise always went to God. Even when he interpreted Pharaoh's dreams, he said I cannot do it, but God will give Pharaoh the answer he desires. He knew that his prosperity and even trials and tribulations came from God, but he always gave the Lord the credit for his life. Joseph exhibited honesty, fairness, love and respect. He truly in my opinion is the kind of individual I would strive to replicate. Today, many of our young people boast of their capabilities and abilities, and I believe it is because they do not yet know the Lord. It is the Lord who gives us all good things and desires for us to live an abundant life. Joseph to me is the example of someone who gives the glory to God for their successes and in return, the Lord blessed him abundantly. Lord today I pray that our younger generation comes to know You with a heart like that of Joseph. May they see that You are the one who blesses them with skills, prosperity and knowledge. Lord, to You may the glory be given, today and always!!

No comments:

Post a Comment