Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Psalm 5:1-12
 
After reading several posts about how life can interrupt our relationship with Jesus, it became very obvious to me that I am guilty.  I plan on getting to work early so that I can read and prepare my post, but I am consistently interrupted by people, phones and situations even before I am scheduled to start working.  I also seem to be having issues trying to post my day on Facebook....could be the devil at work here. 
 
I get lost in the Psalms so often.  David was so earnest to do the right thing in God's eyes, and the emotion he puts into his prayers to the Lord just reach into the depths of my soul.  "Give ear to my words, O Lord, consider my sighing.  Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God, for to you I pray".  This is how I believe the Lord wants us to approach Him, wholeheartedly and knowing that nothing and no one else can fill our needs and desires the way He can.
 
With this in mind, how then can we pray earnestly when we let life interfere??   That is the time to find that quiet place and peaceful moment when you can connect directly to God and feel the presence we all desire.  Trust me - it is possible!!
 
Heavenly Father, I come before You today with prayers in heart and mind for those who are ailing, those who are unemployed, those who suffer from anxiety, those who do not know of Your power and glory.  You alone are our God and I ask for Your guidance and blessings on all of my family, friends and even enemies.  May we all learn to love each other and live and work in peace and harmony according to Your will.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment