Friday, July 24, 2015

July 24

My personal prayer for today.

Romans 8:28  And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Master Jesus, this is why I love you so much. You give this great promise that provides me the audacity to have hope even in suffering. You tell me in this promise that "in all things" are working towards your perfect purpose for my life. That means I can have hope in the good and the bad, the pleasurable and the painful, the joyful and the tragic. You are able to use all of them for my ultimate good. Lord, I just love those words, "all things."

You also qualify this verse by saying "of those who love him." Lord, I do love you. Not because of the multiplicity of your blessings or your gifts to me. I love you because you first loved me. Thank you for demonstrating your "first love" for me on a Roman Cross 2000 years ago.

Lord, I do trust in your great power, even though many times I cannot figure out your ways. But I declare you are a good God and a great God. And because of these two facts you will complete your mission in my life. Lord, this gives me the audacity to have hope on this Friday. No matter what the circumstances and no matter how dark the night becomes, I will love and trust you.

So please help me today not to look at circumstances for my security or my joy. Help me to anchor myself in your great promises. Your promises are the Rock of Gibraltar to my faith in the midst of the storms of life. 


--
"Multiplying leaders to change the world"

No comments:

Post a Comment