Sunday, July 5, 2015

Sunday, July 5, 2015

Sunday, July 5, 2015

I just re read the blog that Pastor wrote on Friday and it really spoke to me. Especially the part about being 'too busy to be in God's Word' every day. I am guilty of that lately and it is affecting my thinking and my feelings. But God does have a way of getting my attention. I've had some visitors stop by several times in the last few weeks who want to share their beliefs about God with me. Yesterday they left a pamphlet with me and after they left I read it through and then got out my Bible and began to dig into it to look up scriptures to build up and back up what I know to be true. It seems that God always knows just what I need and when I need it. It felt good to be in the Word and to have it speak to me. I've been praying that the Holy Spirit will use me and speak through me and to use these discussions to speak the truth in love. Only God can change a heart but I am wiling to be used for His purposes.

The reading from Psalm 3 also spoke to me. 'But you are a shield around me, O Lord; you bestow glory on me and lift up my head.' v.3. 'I lie down and sleep; I wake again because the Lord sustains me.' v.5

Thank you, Lord. Amen

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment