Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Well I am the last post for the chilly month of March.  Very happy that it is behind us now and that we will move ahead to some warmth...I hope.  These bones are getting older each day and require some sunshine.

After reading the post from Jose, I would like to focus on Psalm 72.  Within these verses there are numerous mentions of the Lord's desire to defend the afflicted and save the children of the needy.  We are the needy, and only the Lord can protect and save our children because He alone sees them 24/7.  The Lord blesses us with children, but at some point in our lives, after we have raised them to the best of our abilities, we need to rededicate them to the Lord.  Many of us have memories of what we were like when we were younger, and personally, there are a lot of memories that I would prefer to forget! 

I do not know what my children think and do from day to day, but my prayer is consistent.  I pray that the Lord set them on a track that will bring them to Him so that they will learn from where their strength comes.  I pray that the Holy Spirit fills whatever void is within them and that they learn to love and serve as our Master taught us.

As stated in 72:14 - He will rescue them from oppression and violence, for precious is their blood in His sight.

It is a big and somewhat scary world in which we live, and I pray that the Lord will keep all the needy parents in mind as we pray for the children who are precious in His sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment