Saturday, February 28, 2015

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Saturday, February 28, 2015 [Keesha Sullivan]

“I put no trust in my bow, my sword does not bring me victory; but you give us victory over our enemies, you put our adversaries to shame.”  (Psalms 44:6-7)

The psalmist knew who would win the victory for him, and that he could not trust in his own strength.  There are many times that we face trials that are so big that we just know that we can win the victory in our own power. I remember several years ago when my friend’s grandmother got deathly ill. Although she hadn’t fully committed her life to Christ, my friend knew that God was the only One that could heal her grandparent. She called me late one evening, weeping. For several minutes where just cried, and I listened. I figured when she was ready that she would explain what was wrong. She finally choked out, “I need prayer for my grandmother. I’m scared.” 

We prayed and prayed some more. Her crying stopped after our prayer, and she said she felt better. God heard our prayer and answered our cry for healing. My friend shared with me the good news of her grandmother’s healing, and my heart danced with delight. She had turned to our powerful, loving Father, and got to see His mighty hand give her family the victory. 

Lord, please help us to look to You, where our help comes from. Please help us to realize that we have no power and victory without You. Please help us to pray without ceasing and to ask, seek, and knock. We love You Father! We thank You and praise Your name for Your goodness and Your new mercies each day. In Jesus Name we pray. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment