Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Feb. 18

Psalm 37: 3-7

Trust in the Lord and do good, dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.  Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.  Commit your way to the Lord; trust in Him and he will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.  Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes.


In this Psalm David shifts the perspective from us to God. We are called to live counterculture. Culture says depend on yourself.  God says depend on me. In the psalm we're being told  to delight and commit ourselves to the knowledge of God's love for us.  The original Hebrew is translated "Roll your way on Jehovah, and trust in Him; and He will work"  (Interlinear Bible) Seeing how all scripture is God breathed, (2 Tim. 3:16) that's a very solid promise to stand on. When we put our full trust in God, He will work. As I read this I pictured myself rolling with no resistance into God's arms trusting that He can take better care of me than I can take care of myself. I spent some time meditating on the verse and felt a sense of peace. It's what Mark Batterson calls ALL IN - complete surrender of all of me to all of Him.  When we are angry, when we worry, or when we try to take matters into our own hands, we aren't rolling, we are resisting and not trusting.  1 Peter 5:7 and Psalm 55:22 tell us to cast our cares on the Lord, He cares for us and will sustain. Jesus told us in Matthew 11:28 to come to Him and He will give us rest.  I don't know about anyone else who is reading this blog but I am weary, I can't carry all that I'm trying to carry.  Lord I pray that the knowledge of Your love for us washes over everyone who reads this blog.  The desire of our hearts is to delight in You, trust in You and watch You work.  We give You all the glory.




Randi

No comments:

Post a Comment