Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Tuesday September 23

Isaiah 41:17-43:13
Ephesians 2
Psalms 67:1-7
Proverbs 23:29-35

"God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can't take credit for this; it is a gift from God. Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it.  For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago."
Ephesians 2:8-10

This is so so so hard for me. I know this to be true. I understand it. I will never deny it. I can do nothing for myself. I can do nothing in my own power. I cannot save myself.

So why is this so hard for me to actually live it? Why am I constantly trying to fix my own problems? Why am I constantly trying to fix problems around me? Why am I taking back all the things I surrender to God? Why am I always trying to save myself?

I need constant reminding of this. I cause myself so much unnecessary stress and worry and anxiety when I try to run my life on my own (and to be honest, I can't really say I'm running my life because I fail every time I try).

How much more freeing is it to stand before an impossible situation and just give it to God? His might and power and wisdom can bring us through anything. We have nothing to worry about because He has everything under control. All we must do is follow Him. He has already saved us. He already has a plan for us. He already knows what will happen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment