Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Tuesday June 17

1 Kings 18
Acts 11
Psalm 135:1-21
Proverbs 17:12,13

The Contest on Mount Carmel.

This was a contest that wasn't really a contest. This was not a fair fight. Baal's prophets had lost this before they even started. And Elijah knew this. He had complete and total confidence that his God would be shown to everyone as the one true God. And that's exactly what happened.

I look at myself and I realize that I believe in the same God that Elijah believed in. He was the same God then as He is now. So why is it so hard for me to have that same confidence? Why do I worry about the outcome of my own trials? Why don't I look at every trial as a contest that has already been won by God?

We know that even Elijah had his moments of weakness. There were times where he succumbed to fear and depression and self-pity. But in the those weak moments God was always there watching over him and giving him everything he needed to carry on.

I just saw the email about Scott being in the hospital. Let's pray with confidence to our loving and powerful Father for our brother and friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment