Monday, June 30, 2014

June 29

Psalm 147:3  He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.

Someone put this verse on my door last week so it has special meaning to me. I am very sensitive to broken hearts these days. But the Psalmist is obviously referring to the emotional or spirit component of our hearts. That is the part where the true you and me actually lives. It is the very center of our being and this part of us can be broken. I actually believe that brokenness of our emotional hearts causes greater pain than a physical break.

The three most frequent causes of broken heartedness in my life include:

1. When I'm disconnection from the people closest to me. When the arrows of hurtful words or actions hit my heart, it causes brokenness.  

2. When I become discouraged or disillusioned it breaks my heart.

3. When I fail to live up the standard God has set for my life, I feel broken.  

So what should we do when we find ourselves with a bad case of brokenheartedness? As quickly as possible get ourselves to the best heart doctor in town. There is not a wiser heart doctor than Jesus. His résumé is found in verses 4-6. He has great knowledge. He is the one who created the stars. Twinkie, Flash, Ray, Sunshine, Brightness, Splash are just a few of the names God might have given the stars. The amount of stars in the universe exceeds the number of grains of sand on all the beaches, on all the seashores, on the entire planet. It is hard for me to grasp the truth that God knows each one by name. That is the doctor I want to operate on my heart.

From stars to sighs He is familiar. From worlds to wounds, He can fix them all. So if you have a broken heart and you have dialed the heavenly doctor with a 9-1-1 call, you are in the right place.



--
"Multiplying leaders to change the world"

No comments:

Post a Comment