Thursday, January 2, 2014

Thursday, January 2

THURSDAY, JANUARY 2, 2013

Genesis 3:1–4:26
Matthew 2:13–3:6
Psalm 2:1–12
Proverbs 1:7–9

Friends, please find below a great post from Louise Jaworoski.  Stay warm!

 

+++++


The first sin. The first sacrifice.

Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the Lord God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the Lord God among the trees of the garden. But the Lord God called to the man, "Where are you?" He answered, " I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid." And he said, " Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from?" The man said, "The woman you put here with me - she gave me some fruit from the tree, and I ate it." Then the Lord God said to the woman, "What is this you have done?" The woman said, "The serpent deceived me, and I ate." (Gen 3:8-13)

A guilty conscience? 'Who? Me? No, God, you see it was the woman that you gave to me. She made me do it. Not my fault.'

'Hey! Wait a minute. It's not my fault either. It was the serpent. He deceived me.'

And so the blame game began. I had a thought as I was reading this passage. I wonder what might have happened if Adam and Eve had been convicted of their sin, repented and asked God for mercy and forgiveness. Of course, God knew what their response would be but it's one of those questions I'm going to ask when I get to Heaven.

"The Lord God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife and clothed them." (Gen 3:21) And so, the first sacrifice. The first of so many to follow. One of the animals had to die in order for God to make clothing for Adam and his wife. How that must have grieved the Lord. To put to death an innocent animal to cover the sin of the man and woman. I had read these verses many times before the Lord opened my eyes and my heart to see that this was a sacrifice that foreshadowed the death of Jesus Christ. Innocent. Put to death for the sins of us all. God had put the plan in place before the world began. And how grateful I am to be able to accept that great gift and to share it with others.

I have found over these past several years that the more I read God's Word, the more he reveals to me and opens my eyes to see Him more clearly. Lord, may I always be excited to read your Word. To read with open mind, listening ears and a heart that is hungry to know you more. In Jesus name. Amen.


________________________________________
1) Blog:                  http://bit.ly/rV1Cw1

2) Facebook:        http://on.fb.me/tc6jkS

No comments:

Post a Comment