Tuesday, January 14, 2014

January 14

Genesis 30:1-31:16
Matthew 10:1-23
Psalm 12:1-8
Proverbs 3:13-15

A lot of the stress that I feel in life is because I'm afraid of making mistakes. I'm afraid of doing something wrong or incorrect. This causes me a lot of worry and trouble. Then when I inevitably make a mistake, I beat myself up and feel defeated. I feel like there's no point in trying again because I will just mess it up anyway.

Does anyone else struggle with that? The problem with this way of thinking is that it does nothing but hurt us. And it's an unrealistic expectation that no one expects us to live up to. Not even God. He knows we're not perfect. He knows that we mess up. He knows that we will continue to mess up. And He still is faith in being with us and loving us.

Look at Jacob and his wives Leah and Rachel. Leah and Rachel competed for Jacob's affection by seeing who could bear him the most children. Jacob showed favoritism and made Leah feel unloved. Look at the disciples from Matthew 10. These 12 men changed the world by spreading the Good News of Jesus. These 12 men were also guilty of cheating, betraying, abandoning, doubting, and denying. These people were far from perfect. They were flawed and they messed up a lot. But Jacob was still blessed as one of the patriarchs of God's chosen people. The disciples accomplished great things for God's Kingdom.

Next time you find yourself stressed out about making a mistake, give that stress and worry over to God. He already knows you're not perfect and He loves you anyway and He wants to accomplish great things through you. With His help and His strength and His blessing, you can do all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment