Thursday, September 26, 2013

Wed blog

Divan and I are on one of out first ever family vacations. We have my parents from New Mexico and we have the Coetzees...both families together. I have always known that my husband is a stubborn man, but now times that by 3...D, brother and father. These are are great men,who love God and each other, but very hard headed. I stay out of it, and it helps they speak a language I don't understand. :) This morning while I was reading Isaiah, 46:12 jumped out at me. "Listen to me, you stubborn-hearted, you who are far from righteousness..." It was interesting to me that stubbornness was tied to the heart and not the head/mind. We all can be known for our stubbornness and hard heads (a common characteristic in my own household.) I have always heard of a hardened heart and to me a stubborn heart leads up to it. The similarities intrigued me.

Isaiah has been sharing the word of The Lord to Israel and Judah, the chosen people of God and the message had been repeated and repeated in the last few chapters. They are a people who have been stubborn hearted... Not yet hardened but they are close. God has to remind and remind them that He is the only God. I haven't counted how many times this has been repeated, "I am The Lord, and there is no other," but it is a message that is said over and over again!

They are constantly reminded that the idols will fall and they are man made. Their idols did not make the universe, they did not put rivers in dry lands, nor will their idols bring hope and a Deliverer. Many times in pastor Scott's sermons he reminds us how God must be center or out lives. If there is something that is ahead of God, that is our idol. I'm constantly reminded about that and what is the center of my life. The readings from the last week or so have been great reminders that God is constant, eternal, creator, and that many things will fade away (the grass), but He will not. There was nothing before Him and there is no end with Him. There is none or nothing like Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment