Saturday, November 10, 2012

November 10

SATURDAY,NOVEMBER 10, 2012

 

Sometimes it is difficult to do what is required. Today is my youngest child's birthday, and I am halfway around the world, required by work to travel. It was difficult getting in the cab for the airport just having finished evening prayers with the family, where my son asked God to let me stay for his birthday. But here I am - because it is what I had to do.

What must it have been like for Jesus, who knew what awaited Him at the end of the triumphant welcome to Jerusalem? How much more difficult must it have been for Him to have heard the adulation, for Him to have upended the money changers' tables at the temple, knowing how much He was upending the order, the life in which the authorities found their security? Yet there He was, doing what He was supposed to do. And He didn't have a lonely hotel room awaiting him, He had an excruciating death on the cross.

Did He take comfort knowing He was doing His Father's will, certain He would be going home when His work was done? When I start to pity myself because of the demands of my job, I pray to remember to be grateful - not just because I have work, but because the work is from God, and when I am done I can head home - to my family here on earth soon, but eventually to my heavenly Father.


________________________________________
1) Blog:      http://bit.ly/rV1Cw1

2) Facebook:  http://on.fb.me/tc6jkS

No comments:

Post a Comment