Saturday, May 5, 2012

Friday, May 4, 2012 - Power in Unity

Friday, May 4, 2012 - Power in Unity
Psalm 122, 124, 133, 134, 135, 136, 138

Psalm 133
1 How good and pleasant it is
when God's people live together in unity!
2 It is like precious oil poured on the head,
running down on the beard,
running down on Aaron's beard,
down on the collar of his robe.
3 It is as if the dew of Hermon
were falling on Mount Zion.
For there the LORD bestows his blessing,
even life forevermore.

There is power in unity. Goodness and peace are fruits of unity. David
knew this. The apostle Paul knew this as well. In Ephesians 4:3-6,
Paul said, "Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through
the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were
called to one hope when you were called; one Lord, one faith, one
baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all
and in all." In a world surrounded by division, we are called to live
in unity. God set us apart to fulfill His purpose; loving one another
as He has loved us.

I know in my own life, I can easily lose sight of God's purpose in my
life. This usually happens when my mind starts giving into the way of
the world. When the way of the world gets a foothold in my life I can
1) turn on the television and watch the political giants hurl insults
at each other. Before you know it, I'm taking a side and choosing to
hate the other side. 2) I can help someone out and easily feel
insulted when they fail to return the favor. Before you know it, I've
forgotten how to tame the tongue and I lash out at that person. 3) I
can think about something bad that happened to me one, two, five, ten,
twenty years ago and before you know it, I'm getting angry and believe
I have every right to still be angry. 4) I can not like the way
someone spoke to me or handled a certain situation, and eventually I'm
thinking, "How dare they?"

We all have gaps in our life; gaps of despair, resentment, jealousy,
greed, pride, etc. There is a great battle that takes place everyday
over the gaps in your life. Satan wants to get a foothold and ride you
to the point of destruction. God wants to fill those holes with His
love so that you may feel whole. Who are you going to let win in your
life? God has already secured the victory, but we still have to make
the choice to receive it. Once received, you are one with Christ just
as Christ is one with the Father. Once received, you are united with
God. If you are united with God, then you already know how to unite
with others in love, for God is love. Remember, "And so we know and
rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love
lives in God, and God in them" (1 John 4:16).

Let's live in unity today. Let's allow the love of Christ to fill
every hole within ourselves. Let's allow that love to overflow so that
we may spill over our love onto others, for in the unity of love, "the
LORD bestows his blessing, even life forevermore" (Psalm 133:3).

God Bless,
Anthony

No comments:

Post a Comment