Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happy Leap Day!!!

February 29, 2012
 
As we have seen, Leap Day was not taken into consideration when putting the Bible in chronological order!!!  Ha!  Happy Leap Day everyone!  I've been thinking of how special today really is.  Think about it!  We are given an extra day this year!  We out so much value on our time and it is so precious to us.  Thank you Jesus for another day that You let us be apart of!  I pray we use it wisely. 
 
I had a very interesting morning.  I had a conversation with a good friend and learned of tragedies that they had gone through growing up.  It broke my heart.  We were able to pray together and I was able to share the hope I have in God.  This friend has started reading the Bible and shared how much it has helped. 
 
I wanted to take today and encourage you.   We are at the end of month #2 in our journey.  I have seen changes in my own life and I have heard great things from others.  I have always know how important the Word is and I have heard all my life about daily Bible reading and quiet times.  Life, time, and other things had always got in the way.  We have all committed to this yearlong adventure and God id revealing Himself!  Yay!  Pastor Scott shared a quotation with me from Martin Luther and I wanted to share it with you.  "For some years now I have read through the Bible twice every year.  If you picture the Bible to be a mighty tree and every word a little branch, I have shaken every one of these branches because I wanted to know what it was and what it meant." (Preface to the Prophets [1532], in What Luther Says: an anthology, v. I, Ewald Martin Plass, ed., Concordia Pub. House, 1959) 
 
We are so blessed to have the Bible in front of us, in any language we speak, or any volume.  I'm sure that many of us have multiple Bibles at home.  My friend.  Fall in love with God's word!  We have been through some tough reading the last few weeks, sacrifices, laws, numbers, places we can't pronounce.  Hot topics: April touched on slavery yesterday, sin, and much more to come.  But as Ruth shared on Monday, it is so important for us that have God's law: His Word, with us at all times.  Meditate on it.  Learn it, pray it, sing it, and like I said, fall in love with it! 
 
Our lives our quick.  Time flies….use it wisely.  I hope today you are able to catch up on a day you missed, or you can go back and reread. Or jump to a favorite psalm or passage.  But be encouraged and thankful for God and His provisions.
 
Psalms 119: 33-35, " Teach me, O LORD, the way of Your statues, and I shall keep it to the end.  Give me understanding, and I shall keep Your law;  Indeed, I shall observe it with my whole heart.  Make me walk in the path of Your commandments, For I delight in it."

No comments:

Post a Comment