Thursday, November 5, 2020

Blog post 4th November, 2020

Blog post 4th November 2020

 

Ezekiel 10:1-11:25

Hebrews 6:1-20

Psalm 105:16-36

Proverbs 27:1-2

Surrounding yourself with a christ Army.

 

A couple of days ago I was asked how is my relationship with God going?  I felt guilty to answer that question as my relationship with God is not going well. As this year has had its ups & downs, I feel that my heart is like a "stone" and that I have reached a plateau. I haven't been myself lately, and I have started to conform with the worldly ways, lose interest with family and friends, and the part that scared me is that I no longer felt the need to grow in my faith. So when I read today's scriptures there was a great sense of conviction.

 

In Ezekiel 11:19&20 it says "I will give them singleness of heart and put a new spirit within them. I will take away their hearts of stone and give them tender hearts instead, so they will obey my laws and regulations. Then they will truly be my people, and I will be their God." How are our hearts today? Are they tender or are they hard? Do we have a single focus on God? Do we have a new spirit within us?  This all led me to think further and deeper within myself. Whilst reading I was thinking how far have I grown in my faith? I had to really be honest with myself. I asked God to renew my spirit, and I will continue to work on my faith, to keep my Joy. As I feel that we need to truly continue to work and read so that we know the laws and regulations and abide by them.

 

In Hebrews 6:1 the verse "So let us stop going over the basic teachings about Christ again and again. Let us go on instead and become mature in our understanding. Surely we don't need to start again with the fundamental importance of repenting from evil deeds and placing our faith in God."  gives us great wisdom.

It shows us that we can get caught up in the basics of Christianity and never really grow in our faith. I mean I do believe God calls us foremost to come into a relationship with Him through faith in his Son Jesus. But, after that, let us grow! Let us not conform to our worldly ways. Let us serve God, people more and more each day. Let us become mature in our understanding and move forward. May we look within ourselves and see how our spiritual growth is these days? May we ask ourselves "Do you want to grow?",

Amen

 

I have asked God to search all the Hidden places within my heart and to lead me to Him and with listening to the song "Over and Over", we can so graciously come to the altar over and over again, showing us God's grace and mercy. I pray that God will reveal any hidden places in our hearts. That we continue to search and rebel against evil to surround ourselves with people that have the same love for Christ, who will always be willing to help and won't be afraid to tell you that you are not focused on Christ.


 

https://youtu.be/BmUaIYhThAE

https://youtu.be/GefPVxycO4E

--
Aimee Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment