Thursday, June 25, 2020

Thursday, June 25

THURSDAY, JUNE 25, 2020

"Answer me quickly, LORD;
my spirit fails.
Do not hide your face from me
or I will be like those who go down to the pit.
Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love,
for I have put my trust in you.
Show me the way I should go,
for to you I entrust my life.
Rescue me from my enemies, LORD,
for I hide myself in you.
Teach me to do your will,
for you are my God;
may your good Spirit
lead me on level ground." (Psalm 143:7-10)


In Psalm 143, David pleads to God for His support against the attacks of his enemies: "Rescue me from my enemies, Lord,/ for I hide myself in you."

Instead of trusting in himself or his kingly power, David turns to his heavenly King and rightly bows his knee before God's throne. In that spirit of humility, David asks God to remain present and to answer him, given David's failing spirit.

Just with us, David looks to God's Word -- "word of your unfailing love" -- and the guidance of "the way I should go." He recognizes his need for God to "teach me to do your will" and for the "good Spirit [to] lead me on level ground." David's pathway in this moment gives us insight on the parallel way in which we could pursue God.

How could you run towards God today? I was convicted earlier this week about not having consecrated recent days to God. Instead of seeking to live in God's strength, I had been taking on too many challenges in my own strength, leading to feelings of burnout. Turning to God and surrendering the last couple of days to Him, I experienced some breakthroughs in thinking about some imposing projects, for which I give thanks to God.

What can you take away from David's viewpoint on God's help? Where do you need to seek His strength instead of your own?


Lord God, thank You that You are our Shield and our Strength. Give us wisdom of where and when we have fallen short of inviting You fully into our lives. Guide us into all truth by Your Spirit. Bring wholeness to our minds, bodies, and spirits as we trust in You. In Jesus's mighty Name, amen.


"Praise to the Lord, the Almighty": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNq0WtMSmIY


________________________________________________________________________
596 Glenbrook Road, Unit 13 | "Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection
Stamford, CT 06906-1423 | and the life. He who believes in me will
(C) 203.820.1741 | live, even though he dies; and whoever
(H) 203.355.9374 | lives and believes in me will never die.
(E) swe@edwa.info | Do you believe this?'" -- John 11:25,26

No comments:

Post a Comment