Wednesday, June 24, 2020

June 24

Psalm 142

August 5, 2010 - A collapse of the main ramp into the San Jose mine left 33 miners trapped 2,300 feet underground. The fears and thoughts that must have run through the minds of those men must have been terrifying. Upon their rescue, they spoke about their faith in knowing that only God could bring them out. I can't even imagine what it would be like to be trapped underground. I get claustrophobic in an elevator. In our Psalm today, David is in a cave, most likely hiding from Saul. Here, in this prayer, David gives us an outline to follow on how to order prayer in times of distress when we feel alone and in the dark.  Start by crying out with your voice. Pour your heart out to God. I spend many a day on my knees face down in tears, but God is our refuge, and as hard as it is when you're in the middle of a battle, give Him praise. (v5) Even though David was overwhelmed, he knew God wasn't, and that has not changed. God is not overwhelmed by our day to day stresses and circumstances. No one knows us better than our God, and no one knows better the plan for our life. I know it seems like our circumstances are more than we can handle and guess what, without God, they are. Only God can lead us out of the darkness. I would like to encourage anyone who feels they are "in a cave" to seek God's face. If you need prayer, please e mail me, I will pray with you. Lord we give you praise, honor and glory. Meet us where we are and lead us out of the darkness.

Randi


No comments:

Post a Comment