Wednesday, June 10, 2020

June 10

1 Kings 7

It took Solomon thirteen years to complete the consructution of his palace. (v1). When all the work King Solomon had done for the temple of the Lord was finished, he brought in the things his father David had dedicated, the silver and gold and the furnishings, and he placed them in the treasures of the Lords temple. (v51)

Imagine spending that much time and paying extreme attention to every little detail to build God's perfect house of worship. When I think about the past thirteen years of my life, I can't say I have been as dedicated as Solomon in building my spiritual house. Yes, I read daily and pray, but we learn in 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 that our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit. Should I not pay attention to the details of my own spiritual house of God and perhaps fast more, repent more often, and allow God to design me the way He intended? The answer to all those questions is a resounding "yes" and with this I set the tone for my spiritual growth over the summer. I pray for the patience and strength that only can come from God, and the wisdom and discernment that comes from His spirit as I begin paying attention to the details of new spiritual rhythms while working on building my own spiritual house.

Randi

No comments:

Post a Comment