Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Blog post

Blog Post 14th January 2020

Genesis 30: 1-31:16

Matthew 10: 1-23

Psalm 12: 1-8

Proverbs 3:13-15

There are amazing truths to learn from in today's reading, In Proverbs 3:13-15 "Happy is the person who finds wisdom and gains understanding. For the profit of wisdom is better than silver, and her wages are better than gold. Wisdom is more precious than rubies; nothing you desire can compare with her." Are you investing in things eternal – or things material? Where are your true wages coming from in your life? Wisdom or money? Are you Happy? An all too common feeling of looking around and seeing that one's world has deteriorated into a sorry state. David is feeling alone in his commitment to God. We may start to compare our lives to others. Fear and depression may start to settle in.

Matthew 10:16 stands out "Look, I am sending you out as sheep among wolves. Be as wary as snakes and harmless as doves". This is great advice for us as Jesus is still sending out followers. We as followers do need to be wary and harmless at the same time. We cannot walk this path alone but we can through the blessing of the holy spirit.

Jesus did not only call the twelve. He gave them the power to do what He had called them to do. God will equip you in whatever he has called you to do. The equipping may not be evident before the ministry begins, but it will be evident along the way. Like Jacob we may act on our own power, when we should be relying solely on God and embrace, that God has complete control. "Let Go and Let God" is a quote we often hear but it is one we can use in our day to day lives. Let's let go of what we are hanging on so tightly too and Let God be in control. There may be areas I your life that need letting go.  I am back in South Africa and its good being back home but while being home for a while I have been stressed and full of worry of what is going on with my surroundings as it is no longer the safe place I grew up in, I am constantly looking over my shoulder. Today while reading the versus I realized that I must let go and Let God take control of my life, God will use me for his will.  I pray that we may let Go of anything that may me keeping us back or pulling us down and Let God. Let God take control of your life or whatever situation you are in,

Amen

"Everlasting God" I felt goes well with today's blog post.

https://youtu.be/yubLGTOcm8c

No comments:

Post a Comment