Wednesday, August 30, 2017

August 30

Job, 2 Corinthians 4, Psalm 44, Proverbs 22

Yesterday we had Professional Development to prepare us for our new school year.  Our school has a unique approach to learning as it an "inquiry based" philosophy combined with implementing common core academic requirements.  The goal is to get students and adults to think "out of the box" by asking relative questions and creating conversations and then reflecting on what we've heard from each other to come up with an answer and problem solve. In going through this exercise we are reminded to reflect on what is called the "learner profile".  This is the example of behavior that is encouraged to refer to while listening to others.  The characteristics of the learner are open minded, reflective, communicators, risk takers, caring, and a few others.  While I was attending the session and listening to my colleagues, I found myself thinking about Job.  Much like Job, everyone seemed to have an opinion on the subject at hand. Each opinion contributed to an answer and when we were given reflection time I found myself asking the Lord how could I implement my faith into the school year using what I was hearing and learning. How can my opinion reflect the biggest "out of the box" example God has sent? Was Jesus not a risk taker who exemplified caring --  He communicated very well (although not everyone liked and agreed with what He said), and reflected in prayer.  Paul tells us the god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ who is the image of God (4:4)  I always carry around in my body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may be revealed.  I may not be able to pray openly in school, but I can still reflect the light of Jesus within structure of the school.  Jesus is the perfect example of the "learner profile" that we want to conform our image to.  My boast is in Him. So I pray for all of us today, no matter where we go, that at the center of all we say and do, our eyes and ears stay focused on the perfect example we were given to follow, the image of God, --  Jesus Christ, our Lord.


Randi

No comments:

Post a Comment