Wednesday, August 2, 2017

August 2

2 Chronicles 32-33, Romans 15, Psalm 25

Prayer Is The Key

According to Wikipedia, prayer
 is an invocation or act that seeks to activate a rapport with an object of worship through deliberate communication.  Throughout our reading today, we see Hezekiah cry out in prayer, (v. 20)  Manasseh pray to Lord, (v. 12),  Paul ask the believers to pray to God for him,
 (v.30), and David pour his heart out in prayer throughout Psalm 25. We read in 2 Chronicles 7:14 the Lord said "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land".  C.S.Lewis said "There are only two kinds of people: those who say to God, "Thy will be done," and those to whom God says, "All right, then, have it your way." In God's infinite wisdom, He gave us a way to align ourselves with Him through an active rapport of worship and deliberate communication.  I can't explain how prayer works, I just know it does.  After Hezekiah prayed, "the Lord saved the people of Jerusalem from the hand of Sennacherib, and from the hand of all others" (v.22).  This in itself answered Sennacherib's question back in verse 10, "On what are you basing your confidence, that you remain in Jerusalem under siege?" He based his confidence in prayer and He trusted God would answer.  We are all going through something.  So I ask us all to remember, that it's through our prayers, we know Who we are basing our confidence on.  I encourage everyone to take a moment and fill in the blank "After I prayed, the Lord saved me by_________".  I find that when I struggle, it helps to remember all God has already done for me. This song When We Pray, by Tauren Wells, has become a favorite of mine.  Please take a moment to listen and pray in Jesus Name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI-bLKaOQww



Randi

No comments:

Post a Comment