Saturday, June 4, 2016

Saturday, June 4, 2016

Saturday, June 4, 2016
[Keesha Sullivan]

        When I was a child, I use to think that becoming a Christian would wash my troubles away. I believed that I would be happy all the time and that God would not allow me to experience any suffering. It wasn't until a preacher explained John 16:33 that I understood that I would have to suffer in this world.  In John 16:33 Jesus says, "I have told you these things so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take courage; I have overcome the world!"
        In our reading today, I felt as though David had a clear understanding of suffering. He had been through traumatic events that would have crushed most people. He didn't get angry at the Lord because of his suffering, but rather David praised Him for strength in the midst of the turmoil and ultimately deliverance. We read in 2 Samuel 22:1, 41, 44 that "David sang to the Lord the words of this song when the Lord delivered him from the hand of all his enemies…" David sang, "You armed me with strength for battle; you made my adversaries bow at my feet. You made my enemies turn their backs in flight…You have delivered me from the attacks of my people; you have preserved me as the head of nations."
        Like He did for David, God arms us with strength when we feel weak. He makes our enemies turn from us and flee. God delivers us from all of our troubles. I am thankful that even though I have and will face some really tough times that God will be there. God will give me strength to endure the trials and tribulations when I feel as though I just can't do it. God will make my enemies flee before my eyes and He will deliver me from every trouble that I face. Life will always be challenging, but knowing that God will be there gives me courage to face whatever challenge may come.
        Lord, we praise You because You are our great and mighty Deliverer. You have infinite wisdom, strength, and love. You made the heaven and the earth and the sea, and everything in them. You are more than mighty to save. You are awesome, and we stand in awe of You. Thank You for promising to be with us through every difficult circumstance we may face. Thank You for letting us know that You have overcome the world and that there is nothing too hard for You. Please help us to turn to You in praise and faith knowing that You will deliver us. We love You so much God. Thank You so, so, so much for giving us courage to face today, tomorrow, and all of the days that lay ahead of us. In Jesus's name. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment