Wednesday, June 15, 2016

June 15

Psalm 133:1 

How good and pleasant it is when brothers live together in unity!


I read this verse and in my mind was immediately reminded of Sunday.  Sharing a meal, a Bible study, and having fellowship in the Body of Christ without being in our church building, is one of the things that comes to my mind when I think of brothers living together in unity. What mattered in Community Groups was that whatever home we were in, we were united in Christ.  Everyone was greeted by a host who opened their hearts and homes and was filled with the Holy Spirit. Living united in the Body of Christ is a unique experience and I believe Jesus wants us to expand His territory by inviting more people into our homes and reaching others.    In Matthew 28:18-20, Jesus told his disciples, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.  Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."  I don't think living together in unity means we are contained within our four walls, Jesus has commissioned us to "go" and He will be with us.  I pray today that our unity starts to spreads throughout Stamford and the surrounding cities.


Randi

No comments:

Post a Comment