Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Tuesday - September 29, 2015

OOPS - see that I was ahead of myself in my post.  We are still in September.

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

I arose early today to catch up on everyone's posts and to prepare my own.  After reading what others have posted, I feel so encouraged by the fact that God's love for us is beyond comprehension.  Each of the posts delineates stories or situations in which we look to or encourage others to lean on God for He alone can and will sustain us.

The other thing that has been going through my head over and over is the presence of the Spirit.  We talked about it at church, we write about the Spirit in our posts, and from experience, I believe I can attest that I have truly felt the presence of the Spirit; one time for sure - no mistaking.  I also know that if I set aside the time and clear my mind of all the little, meaningless things that I am supposed to do on a daily basis; nothing gives me more calm and peace than seeking the Spirit and asking for the guidance I need to walk the walk.

In Psalm 71:9-12 I stopped and pondered the words.  "Do not cast me away when I am old; do not forsake me when my strength is gone.  For my enemies speak against me; those who wait to kill me conspire together.  They say, "God has forsaken him, pursue him and seize him, for no one will rescue him.:  Be not far from me, O God; come quickly, O my God, to help me.

Much of my reading left a powerful imprint on my heart, but this particular passage was the one that was speaking to me.  I am getting older, and have taken care of older individuals.  But with this age comes the desire to know the Lord on a more intimate basis.  Sure, family and friends will say things like you can't remember anything, or you told me that 100 times already, and so on and so on.  But the love of God helps me to giggle when I walk away from hurtful words.  His love and Spirit encompass me - so whom then shall I fear???  No one.

Thank you Lord for loving us all and being our one true Father, Friend, Counselor, Healer - not enough words to describe everything you are to us.  When others may mock or hurt us - My tongue will tell of your righteous acts all day long!

No comments:

Post a Comment