Saturday, September 26, 2015

Saturday, September 26, 2015

Saturday, September 26, 2015
[by Keesha Sullivan]

     The young woman told me that she never knew her dad, and that her mom told her she didn't want her anymore. The tears that threatened to trickle down her face now easily descended. Her shoulders slumped forward, and she began to sob. The right words to say eluded me. I just rubbed her back and sat with her in silence. As we sat there together, my heart truly ached for her. 
  I believe that the Lord would've said to her, "'Though [your mother] may forget [you], I will not forget you! See, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands; your walls are ever before me"' (Isaiah 49:16). Although this young woman did not have her mother or father in her life, God was there. He made her worthy and to be loved. He had taken the time to knit her together in her mother's womb, because he had a purpose and a plan for her life. 
     We live in such a sinful, broken world. There are so many people out there that feel unloved and unworthy. God is the only One that can repair their wounds and fill the many voids that people left. He is the only One that can heal and restore. "For the Lord comforts his people and will have compassion on His afflicted ones" (Isaiah 49: 13). 
     As I read through these two scriptures for today's reading, I couldn't help but feel the love of our Almighty Father. He cares for us in a way that no one else can. My heart felt full knowing that God had my name engraved on His hands and that He would be there to comfort me. As we go out today and throughout this next week, we should arm ourselves with the Word and the love of our Heavenly Father. "The Spirit of the Lord is on [us], because he has anointed [us] to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent [us] to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free" (Luke 4:18).

Prayer:
O Lord, please help us to be the light of the world. Help us to spread Your love and truth to your children. We need You now even more than yesterday. Guide us and order our steps so that we may encounter those that need restoration. In Jesus' name. Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment