Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Sept. 9

2 Corinthians 11

Paul was not a "trained speaker" (v.6), and neither am I.  Paul was, however, filled with the Holy Spirit Who "trained" and equipped him to speak and preach Gods word in a way I long for.  Paul walked in his anointing wherever he was.  I think it's in his unique awareness of Gods presence that he warns us about the enemy and his servants that masquerade as apostles of Christ (v.13-15).  We live in a time when everyone has an opinion and thinks they also have to share it, but not everyone is listening for Gods voice before they speak.  We are bombarded by advertising, politicians and news media whose intent is for us to shift our focus.  As I get ready for work, I pray for all of us that we are aware of our training.  We are trained to speak by the Holy Spirit Who lives in us and that no matter where we are or who we talk to, we are never alone. I pray we listen for Gods voice and God strengthens us as we speak wherever He puts us today and whoever He puts in front of us.




Randi

No comments:

Post a Comment