Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Tuesday July 8

I am sick at heart. How long, O LORD, until you restore me? Return, O LORD, and rescue me. Save me because of your unfailing love.
I am worn out from sobbing. All night I flood my bed with weeping, drenching it with my tears.
The LORD has heard my plea; the LORD will answer my prayer.
(‭Psalm‬ ‭6‬:‭3-4, 6, 9‬ NLT)

When you are in the middle of a trial, it can be easy to fall into despair. Our natural response can be to feel sorry for ourselves and ask "why me?"

The psalmist wondered these same things. How long before the Lord will restore him? He was in so much despair, he said his bed was filled with tears.

This psalm ends by saying the Lord heard his prayer and He will answer. He didn't say when, but he believes that God will, in His timing.

Please keep Eloise Knight and Valerie Johnson in prayer. They are in a lot of pain and need God to deliver them. Pray that He will restore them with His unfailing love.

No comments:

Post a Comment