Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Tuesday July 15

1 Chronicles 19-21
Romans 2:25-3:8
Psalms 11:1-7
Proverbs 19:10-12

"I'm in a desperate situation!" David replied to Gad. "But let me fall into the hands of the Lord, for his mercy is very great. Do not let me fall into human hands."
1 Chronicles 21:13

I was so amazed when I read this verse. The Lord was telling David that he was to be punished. Despite facing judgement, David expressed complete faith and trust in God. He knew that no matter the circumstance, he was in no better place than in God's hands. How amazing is that? That David could praise God for His mercy at this time?

I also was reminded how often I don't turn to God when I need help. I could be facing a trial. I could have a difficult decision to make. I could be in the midst of a problem that is beyond my ability to fix. So often the first thing I do is try to handle everything on my own. David begging to fall into the Lord's hands was a humbling reminder that I need to turn to Him when I need help. There is no better place to be than in His hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment