Monday, July 21, 2014

July 20

Psalm 16:6 The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance.

David realizes with confidence and joy that everything he has in life has come from God by design. He has security in the boundary lines drawn up by God. This begs the question and something I struggle with. The question is, "Am I content with everything God has given me"… my boundary lines? My struggle is this, I can live a life wishing and dreaming of other boundary lines… Here is how it can go….

I wish I owed a house, was financial secure, young, faster, had stronger heart arteries, more hair on my head. And then we add in the better performance stuff… better husband, better father, better friend, better pastor…  the list is endless and so is the unrest.

It seems to me the secret to a joyful life is being content with the boundary lines given by God. The apostle Paul put it this way… 

 Phil. 4:11-12  I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.

Somehow I must learn to delight in the boundary lines God has given me. Sometimes God gives us more, sometimes less. Regardless of our cup, our portion, we must be thankful and learn to delight in it.

So today I confess… 

            I am just the way God wants me to be….

            God has designed me… he doesn't make junk.

            I am content with my life.

            I am content with the boundaries God has given in my life.

            I am content with my heart and my hair.  

            I am content where I am.

            I value who I am. I am a SON of God!!! 

Maybe it would be helpful for you to put a list together?


 



--
"Multiplying leaders to change the world"

No comments:

Post a Comment